If you find yourself in the position of having to buy a new house before selling your old one, then a bridge loan may be the best option for you. This loan bridges the gap between your new and old mortgage so that you can get into your new home right away.
- Short-term loan used for interim financing until the next stage of financing can be obtained
- Bridges the gap between loans
- Competitive interest rates
- No prepayment penalty
- Local decision-making and processing with your local community bank
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
- All loans subject to credit approval
If you have questions, feel free to contact one of our qualified loan officers by phone at 816-322-2100 or email us at [email protected].*
A "bridge loan" also known as a swing loan is basically a short term loan taken out by a borrower against their current property to finance the purchase of a new property.
In real estate, it is a loan primarily for borrowers who have not yet sold their previous property, but must close on a purchase property. The bridge loan becomes the source of their funds for the down payment.
A bridge loan essentially "bridges the gap" between the time the old property is sold and the new property is purchased.
For example, a buyer may not have to go through with the purchase of the new home they are in contract for unless they're able to sell their old home first. This gives the buyer protection in the event no one buys their home, or if nobody is willing to buy the property at the terms they desire.